ASEAN CALLIGRAPHY FESTIVAL AND EXHIBITION
CALLIGRAPHY SCHOOL OF JOMBANG, EAST JAVA, INDONESIA (SAKAL)
From The 14th To 17th Of September 2017
1st Asean Calligraphy Competition
In The Name of Dr. Abdullah Abdu Futiny
1. ORGANISING COMMITTEE
The Organising Committee is established under the Chairmanship of the Director General of the Calligraphy School Of Jombang, East Java , Indonesia (SAKAL)
2. JURY OF THE COMPETITION
The Jury of the Competition consists of the following experts who are renowned in the field of Classical Islamic Calligraphy:
Members of the Jury
- Mr. Belaid Hamidi , Master of Calligraphy, Marocco
- Mr. Abullah Abdu Futiny, Master of Calligraphy, Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Atho’illah , Master of Calligraphy, Indonesia
- Mr. Muhammad Nur, Master of Calligraphy, Indonesia
- Mr. Muhammad Zainuddin, Master of Calligraphy, Indonesia
- Mr. Alim Gema Alamsyah, Master of Calligraphy, Indonesia
- Mr. Feri Budiantoro, Master of Calligraphy, Indonesia
3. COMPETITION SECRETARIAT
a. All activities related to the competition will be coordinated by the “Asean Competition Secretariat” established at the Calligraphy School Of Jombang –SAKAL . Competition Coordinator: Muhammad Choirul Anas ( +6285707288597 )
Panitia Pameran dan festival Kaligrafi Islam ASEAN 2017
Sekolah Kaligrafi Alqur’an (SAKAL)
Jl. KH. Bisri Syansuri, No. 81, Asrama Sunan Ampel, PP. Mamba’ul Ma’arif Denanyar, Jombang. Jawa Timur, Indonesia. Kode Pos: 61416, Phone: +6285655073077 (panitia), email: [email protected]
c. The Competition Secretariat cannot be held responsible for the procedure of work or decisions of the Jury before or after the results of the competition are announced.
4. SUBJECT AND REGULATIONS OF THE COMPETITION
The Competition covers the following styles:
- a. Diwani, to be written with a pen of 1-3 nib.
- b. Riq’ah, to be written with a pen of 1-3 nib.
The works to be submitted to the competition should be written in the traditional way, with a reed pen , in conformity with the classical rules. Classical black ink must be used in order to reflect the movement of the reed pen.
3. Basis of Evaluation
The works will be evaluated on the basis of the rules of the classical art of calligraphy. Entries that contain errors in the composition and order of the text which change the meaning will not be evaluated. Likewise, entries which do not follow the regulations mentioned in this booklet and/or contain orthographic errors will be disqualified, whatever their artistic value may be.
4. Competition Texts
In order to provide equal chances to all participants, the following texts are given for each style
ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺻَﻞِّ ﻋَﻠﻰَ ﺳَﻴِّﺪِﻧَﺎ ﻣُﺤَﻤَّﺪِ، ﺍﻟْﻔَﺎﺗِﺢِ ﻟِﻤَﺎ ﺃُﻏْﻠِﻖَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺨَﺎﺗِﻢِ ﻟِﻤَﺎ ﺳَﺒَﻖَ، ﻧَﺎﺻِﺮِ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻖِّ ﺑِﺎﻟْﺤَﻖِّ، ﻭَﺍﻟْﻬَﺎﺩِﻱ ﺇِﻟَﻰ ﺻِﺮَﺍﻃِﻚَ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺴْﺘَﻘِﻴْﻢِ ﻭَﻋَﻠﻰَ ﺁﻟِﻪِ ﺣَﻖَّ ﻗَﺪْﺭِﻩِ ﻭَﻣِﻘْﺪَﺍﺭِﻩِ ﺍﻟﻌَﻈِﻴْﻢِ
مَوْلَايَ صَلِّي وَسَلِّـمْ دَآئِــماً أَبَــــدًا ۞ عَلـــَى حَبِيْبِـكَ خَيْــرِالْخَلْقِ كُلِّهِـــــمِ
هُوَ الْحَبِيْبُ الَّذِيْ تُرْجَى شَفَاعَتُــهُ ۞ لِكُلّ هَوْلٍ مِنَ الْأِهْوَالِ مُقْتَحِـــــــمِ
أَمِنْ تَذَكُّرِ جِيْرَانٍ بِذِيْ سَــــلَــــــمٍ ۞ مَزَجْتَ دَمْعًا جَرَى مِنْ مُقْلَةٍ بِـــدَمِ
أَمْ هَبَّتِ الرِّيْحُ مِنْ تِلْقَاءِ كَاظِمَةٍ ۞ وَأَوْمَضَ الْبَرْقُ فِيْ الْضَمَآءِ مِنْ إِضَمِ
فَمَا لِعَيْنَيْكَ إِنْ قُلْتَ اكْفُفَا هَمَتَــا ۞ وَمَا لِقَلْبِــــكَ إِنْ قُلْتَ اسْتَفِقْ يَهِـــــمِ
أَيَحَسَبُ الصَّبُّ أَنَّ الْحُبَّ مُنْكَتـــِمٌ ۞ مَا بَيْنَ مُنْسَجِمٍ مِنْــهُ وَمضْطَــــــــرِمِ
لَوْلَاالْهَوَى لَمْ تُرِقْ دَمْعاً عَلَي طـلَلٍ ۞ وَلاَ أرَقْتَ لِذِكْـــــر الْبَــــانِ وَالْعَلـَـــمِ
فَكَيْفَ تُنْكِرُحُباًّ بَعْدَ مَا شَـــــــهِدَتْ ۞ بِهِ عَلَيْكَ عُدُوْلُ الدَّمْــــــعِ وَالسَّــــــقَمِ
5. AWARDS AND COPYRIGHT
- Awards totaling US$ 4.400.- are allocated for the Dr. Abdullah Abdu Futiny Calligraphy Competition, to be distributed as follows:
|Style||1st Award||2nd Award||3rd Award||Total|
- The Jury may judge that none of the works submitted in one or more of the styles is worthy of the first prize or for the incentive prizes. The decision of the Jury in such a case is final as in all other cases and no objection can be made to this judgment.
- All works submitted to the competition will become properties of SAKAL, regardless of whether they win a prize or not. These works will be exhibited in the ASEAN Calligraphiy Exhibition
- Information about the date and procedures of the presentation of awards will be released by the Calligraphy School Of Jombang, East Java , Indonesia (SAKAL) at a later date. The Centre will also consider organising an award presentation ceremony to which the winners will be invited and which will be accompanied by an exhibition of their works together with a symposium on the art of calligraphy.
- Certificates of appreciation will be presented to award-winning participants.
6. CONDITIONS AND PROCEDURES OF PARTICIPATION
- Subject to the rules and regulations set out in this booklet, this competition is open to all individuals capable of producing a work of classical Islamic calligraphy.
- Participants may submit two work of styles among the two categories, or may submit one work in one categories.
- Calligraphers who won or shared the first prize in the past competitions can participate in the present competition.
- The enclosed form should be filled and sent to the Competition Secretariat by the 31 of Agustus 2017 at the latest to be able to participate in the competition.
- Sending the works: The texts should not be illuminated; they should not be bent, folded, pressed, framed or pasted on paperboard. The participant may deliver his/her work(s) in person or by registered mail. Entries should reach the Competition Secretariat by the 5 of September 2017.
- The participants are advised to send all correspondence by registered mail to ensure timeliness. The Competition Secretariat will not answer letters of participants unless necessary.
7. FORMAT CONDITIONS
- For consideration by the jury, all entries shall observe the following rules and conditions:
- Identity: The text shall not carry any name, mark or impression which may indicate the identity of the participant.
- Colour: The text must be written in black ink and required on glossy paper (waraq muqahhar)
- Dimensions: Works should be written on 40×60 cm. paper. Entries that do not conform to these dimensions shall be disqualified.
- Packing: Care should be taken to use proper packaging to make sure that the entries reach the Secretariat in flat form or rolled form, without being bent or folded.
- Liability: The institution organizing the competition or the concerned department is not liable, in any respect, for the delays, damages or losses which may occur in the post.
8. COMPETITION CALENDAR
The Asean Calligraphy Competition, Calligraphy Scholl of Jombang (SAKAL) in the name of Dr. Abdullah Abdu Futiny, will be organized according to the following calendar:
|1||Announcement of the Competition||Juni 2017|
|2||Deadline for registration||31 Agustus 2017|
|3||Deadline for submitting the entries||05 September 2017|
|4||Jury meeting||14-16 September 2017|
|5||Announcement of the Competition results||17 September 2017|
Download Booklet and Registration Form